New
Find
Notify
Tools

G. Simillion Contact info
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I had this but misplaced it. Can anyone forward me Gene Simillions contact information?

Has anyone here any experience with his extreme hunter rifles. From what I gather they are quite similar to the Echols legend?

Posts: 1244 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
David, I think this is current:

Gene Simillion
220 S. Wisconsin
Gunnison, CO 81230
(970) 641-1126

Gene's a fine hunter and rifleman. Like Echols, he's a Colorado School of Trades graduate and a former apprentice of Jerry Fisher's, and happily he's another one of those great top talents of the custom riflemaking world, and you can trust him 100 %. His 'glass stocked custom rifle features a McMillan/Echols-pattern stock, plus I think Echols' magazine system. I'm not sure as to what Gene's scopemounting system is like, but I'm sure it's extremely good or he wouldn't use it. I believe you can get Blackburn bottommetal as an upgrade as well.........

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gene's scopemounting system, an $800 option, is so similar to Echols' system that most couldn't tell them apart.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
David,

I dont have an Extreme Hunter, at least in name but I do have a Mdl. 70 that Gene did the metal work on, about 3 years back. On this one he opened the loading port, blue printed the action, re worked the trigger/safety. Chambered/barreled the action with his presonal profile from Kreiger. Built custom bases for Talley QD rings. Checkered the bolt release etc. It is all best quaility work.
The end resulting rifle shoots wonderfully small round groups with hunting bullets.

I do think very highly of Gene and his work.

HBH

one of us
posted Hide Post
Allen, Chuck, HBH

Thank you Gents!

Posts: 1244 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote