New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holland Recoil Lug
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I hear mention of a Holland Recoil lug sometimes, how does this differ from other recoil lugs? thanks.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
The holland has more mass than the Remington, It's milled,not stamped and pinned in place. A nice addition if your trying ring out a little more accuracy out out of your Remington. In the picture the silver in-between the reciever and the barrel is a Holland recoil lug. Hope this helps. Terry  -

[ 04-22-2003, 01:16: Message edited by: TC1 ]

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It does help. Do they only use them on Remingtons? I did a search on Brownell's and found them, saw they make them for Remingtons and it looks like Sakos (I was going through pretty fast, thought I saw sake listed). I have never seen a 700 out of the stock, do they not have a recoil lug of some sort built into the action?

thanks a lot.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
There isn't a recoil on a Remington action, what they use is like the holland, there just isn't as much of it. They may use a holland recoil lug on Sako's too, I don't know (never owned one). Fred over ay Sharp Shooters Supply has the same thing he uses on Savage rifles. You've tapped me on info about this product. I'm sure others will help. Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Holland lug is thicker and is surface ground for uniformity. The Remington action is basicly a tube (which makes it so easy to put it in a lathe and square/true the action) and relies on the lug to be bedded into the stock. The thicker lug creates more stiffness and the smooth finish allows the bedding job to proceed much easier. The only action I have ever "glued" into the stock was caused by a warped barrel lug I did not catch until it was to late. Freezing it did not help and I broke the stock getting it out. All of my Remingtons use the Holland lug now. The hole for the pin makes alignment much easier if you are looking at having a switch barrel gun.

Posts: 107 | Location: Brentwood, CA, USA | Registered: 08 February 2001Reply With Quote