Notify
Tools

Remington Model 30 owners question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any one that owns a remington model 30.

Can you measure your mag box Depth ?

At the Corner Top to notch on Front and rear .

How many 30-06 rounds does your m30 magazine hold?

Looks like I aquired a military enfield box that I need to trim down.

Also , if anyone can help .

Look at your m30 bottom metal at the front tang underside... Does it look like a weld was done there maybe at the factory

Thanks rick

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don’t own a model 30 but I have two 1917 Enfields.

The trigger guard assembly on the model 30 was nothing more than the 1917 Enfield unit with the front tang straightened out to give it a nicer look.

I would think that the mag box itself would be the same since the straightening process had nothing to do with the box area.

Numrich Arms used to carry mag boxes for 1917 Enfields to convert to other calibers...maybe you might call them to see if they fit model 30’s.

Great rifle...I envy you!

Rick

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rick0311 , I have a military box . The M30 box is box shorter, trigger is shorter too. Im trying to find measurements for a original m30 box.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine is a .35 Rem so it has a filler block at the front and rear of the magazine. Behind the front block it measures 1.191, in front of rear block 1.353.

Top front to inside of notch is 0.939 on one side , 0.934 on the other, top rear to inside of notch is 1.127, on one side, 1.134 on the other. obviously handmade.

Here's a pic of the front tang underside, I can't tell if it was welded but it is discolored in that area.

Recoil Rob

Posts: 1688 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob , Thats what I need ! the Top to the notch , front and rear measurements.

Mine sides arent the exact same on this M720 box I have either. Its shorter but I think some one shortened it more. The tip of my trigger might be shortened too...??

Average Front is .765
Rear is .965

My military enfied box to the notch is
Front 1.145
Rear 1.280

Maybe someone else has another m30 box to compare.

That tang looks welded too. My m30 bottom metal I just aquired looks like its been welded also. Its a good job though . I cant tell from the outside. I bet Remington just modified Military enfield bottoms at the factory for the M30.

Rob,, Thanks for the Imfo and pictures.

Here is my shortened m720 box, a military box, a m30 bottom metal, and a m720 bottom aluminum guard and front tang piece

one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT. Anyone else have these measurements? I need other m30 box measurements as reference.

I have 3 box measurements that differ a significant amount. Maybe they are all different??

one of us
posted Hide Post
GSP7, mine was from a .35 Rem., what about the others? I'll bet they changed a bit from caliber to caliber.

Rob

Posts: 1688 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob , Is a 35 rem is a 308 case ? How many does yours hold in the box?

What case is the 25,30,32 rem. Case head size?

Mine is a 270,30-06

Kaula Custom said he had a 25 rem with a real short depth box that held just 4 rds.

I have a box that might be shortened by some one that holds only 4 30-06 rounds. And its shorter depth than the measurements you gave...

bewildered bewildered

one of us
posted Hide Post
All the Rem. cartridges, .25, .30, .32 & .35 were introduced about the same time, in the early 20th Century. The only one that is still around is the .35.

It's rimless, w/head dia. on .457, .013 smaller than the 30.06.

It's max. OAL is 2.525".

What you need to do is find someone with the same cartridge that you want to use and get their measurments. What cartridge are you planning on using?

one of us
posted Hide Post
30-06

how many rds. does your box hold?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Six in the box.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
GSP;
Just noticed your 30 Rem question. Still looking for a magazine for 06? I have one
left over you can have. Needs to be put back
together. I took it apart to make patterns.
My 30S is in the process of being converted.
Shoot often.
Raff

Posts: 461 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 02 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Old post, PM sent , Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2triggers:
My 30S is in the process of being converted.
Shoot often.
Raff

Just curious as to what you're coverting it to?

Was the gun in less than collectible condition?

Thanks, Rob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rob;
It will end up as a .404 takedown. The
receiver metal was nice, but the barrel was
rusted and the wood crap.

Rick; I finally found the original trigger.
Let me know if you need it.
Thanks
Raff

Posts: 461 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 02 May 2005Reply With Quote