New
Find
Notify
Tools

mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently purchased an orginial mauser sporter and the rear sight is missing. It has a 1/2 rd.1/2 oct. barrel with a solid rib. The sight is a dove tail and is a little longer than 2 inches. I would like to find one if anyone can help.
d.ragar@mchsi.com
417 353 o747
Darrell Ragar

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Something like this?

Posts: 1115 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 02 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's what I'm looking for.

Darrell

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
That would be a Three leaf sight. and they are a wee bit pricey. New england custom gun has them.
as well as Recknagel. Though the base may not be an exact fit to the dove tail.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Sight Man

Ken Bean
383 Yorkana Road
York, PA 17406
(717) 755-9070

Most of the other used-sight dealers I know either have personality problems (Fellers), high prices (Fellers & Kurz) or VERY limited stock (Stroebel).
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J.D.Steele:
Most of the other used-sight dealers I know either have personality problems, high prices, or VERY limited stock...

Sadly, that is too true today... Whatever happened to the honest craftsman that did great work for a fair price with genuine appreciation for customers and their business?

Posts: 4156 | Location: Hell | Registered: 22 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1115 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 02 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
http://www.gunsinternational.c...cfm?gun_id=100131127

?

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
THE SIGHT FROM NECG IS TO SHORT--THE ONE I NEED IS 2.220

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post

These are from my Simson 9,3X62 Mauser pre 1912 manufacture. The rear sight seems to be the simple ramp type that is dovetailed.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11234 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Sight Man

Ken Bean
383 Yorkana Road
York, PA 17406
(717) 755-9070

Most of the other used-sight dealers I know either have personality problems (Fellers), high prices (Fellers & Kurz) or VERY limited stock (Stroebel).
Regards, Joe

I've had multiple exchanges with Mr. Fellers- my opinion is he does business old school and is worth the moderate wait, if there happens to be one.

Just my two cents.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two sights that might help you out. Both are longer. The 4 blade one is 2.6 inches long. Could be shortened to about 2.5, but you would still have to make your dovetail larger.

The 3 blade one could be shortened. It is quite thick, if you milled off about 1/8 inch off the bottom, it would be possible to do the end taper for the dovetail that would hide the hollow recess underneath.

If either of those would work for you, $85 for the 4 blade, $65 for the 3 blade one, delivered.

dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sarco sells the 3 leaf folding and 2 leaf folding, one stanhing from the old Mauser Mark X Express rifles but they measure 1.995. Maybe a little black caulk and it would look good from my house Smiler
Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tin can:
quote:
The Sight Man

Ken Bean
383 Yorkana Road
York, PA 17406
(717) 755-9070

Regards, Joe

I've had multiple exchanges with Mr. Fellers- my opinion is he does business old school and is worth the moderate wait, if there happens to be one.

Just my two cents.

I've had dealings with all these fellows and AFAIK they're all honest and trustworthy. My negative opinion of Garry Fellers' personality is just that, an opinion. It was formed when I met him face-to-face at a gun show and had partially concluded several back-&-forth trades on some unusual sights, total value a few $K on each side. He owed me a Unertl scope and I owed him ~$700.

During this exchange I had listened to him brag about flying in to the show in his own aircraft, and he was very nattily dressed in a sport coat and tie. I, OTOH, was dressed in my 'Farmer Brown' Carhartt overalls and an oxford shirt.

After all, this was a gun show in MS, not exactly The Pageant y'know?

As we concluded the deal and he promised to mail me the Unertl, he (my impression) looked rather haughtily down his nose at my Carhartts and suggested that I might want to take advantage of his layaway program for the ~$700 I owed him.

I was rather amazed at his presumption but fortunately was able to immediately pay him cash and I made a point of flashing him a view of plenty more benjamins where those came from. He obviously hadn't considered the possibility but he wasn't the only one in that deal who owned a plane(grin).

By watching him you woulda thought that HE thought he was God's gift to us 'great unwashed' Mississippians. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my impression.

Anyway he sent the Unertl and (just as in my several previous dealings with him) it was everything he said and I would do business with him again, but Ken Bean is much nicer IMO.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a lotta info, JD.

Wink

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ssdave I sent you a pm. I will take both of the sightst.

Darrell Ragar

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ssdave

I sent you a pm saying that I want to buy both sights. Did you get that pm.

Darrell Ragar

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Darrel,

Didn't get the PM, but I'll set them aside for you. I'll PM you later today when i have more time.

Thanks!

dave