Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Pre-64 Super Grade African .458 Win
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
Had a similar problem recently (with a different bolt rifle) where the second round down repeatedly popped out of the action. This was following installing a new magazine spring that came with a new follower as well. Switched back to the original follower and it functioned fine. The differences between the two were minor but apparently enough to cause the problem.

My suggestion would be to try different followers.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The first thing that comes to my mind is replacing your magazine spring with one of the Wisner springs. I have replaced all of my M70 mag. springs with his, night and day difference!

Huntr

Posts: 88 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 10 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Holds 3 +1. Number 2 in magazine (left side) wants to jump out sometimes when ejecting top fired case out of the magazine. Any easy cure? Like different spring or follower?

Thanks,

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think it will ever feed right. Do you want to the broken down sorry excuse of a rifle???

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote