Notify
Tools

Gunsmith for 4 barrel Sharps
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cordell
posted
Hello all,
I am looking for a gunsmith who is knowledgeable concerning the Sharps 4 barrel (antique) pistol. It is marked C. Sharps 1859 and will fire by pulling the hammer back and releasing it. The firing pin revolves correctly but the trigger is missing. I have the trigger, trigger spring, and trigger pin but can't find anyone in my area willing to work on antiques?? Any help or direction would certainly be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Semper Fi and God bless. cordell

Posts: 336 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cordell, I am familiar with them. However, I am currently preparing to move from MI to somewhere in eastern TN and am not taking in any work at this time. I hope to have move completed and new shop in operation by this time next year. If you have not found anyone to repair your pistol by then, repost your request and I will contact you.
Mike

Mike Ryan - Gunsmith

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 31 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cordell:
Hello all,
I am looking for a gunsmith who is knowledgeable concerning the Sharps 4 barrel (antique) pistol. It is marked C. Sharps 1859 and will fire by pulling the hammer back and releasing it. The firing pin revolves correctly but the trigger is missing. I have the trigger, trigger spring, and trigger pin but can't find anyone in my area willing to work on antiques?? Any help or direction would certainly be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Semper Fi and God bless. cordell

Try crossfireoops, Greg, on the 24hr campfire forum. I think his only business is black powder weapons. He just did some work for my Bro in Law on his Sharps.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote