New
Find
Notify
Tools

AKAH mounts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an old schoenauer with AKAH claw mounts ,where were they made ? what would they be worth roughly to duplicate ? they have the base dovetailed in the front as a block .It has windage on the rear mount ,but the movement is very limited either way ,and the scope does not have windage being a rail mount thanks

Posts: 175 | Location: australia | Registered: 14 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boucanier:
I have an old schoenauer with AKAH claw mounts ,where were they made ? what would they be worth roughly to duplicate ? they have the base dovetailed in the front as a block .It has windage on the rear mount ,but the movement is very limited either way ,and the scope does not have windage being a rail mount thanks

They made their side mounts in Denver, Co. and later in St. Albans, VT. Don’t know about their claw mounts.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got an email from an AR member this morning about these mounts and from what he said the mounts were probably made in Germany and imported/distributed by this company in Denver and Vermont. They also had an outlet in Montreal, Canada.

Sorry I can’t be of more help, but that’s all I saw listed in my book on old scopes/mounts. The AKAH mounts shown in the book I have were windage adjustable side mounts.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote