Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 10/22 trigger
 Login/Join

posted
I recently bought a used Ruger 10/22 with the heavy forged barrel and the laminated stock. I placed a 3x9 scope and took it to the range today. Everybody at the range jumped in and help me sight it in and soon I was putting all my shots in an area about the size of dime at 50 yards. The only thing that I do not like is my trigger. It breaks very heavy and has a lot of slack. I shot my best friend's Ruger (exactly the same gun but has a Volquartsen trigger)and loved it. But, I do not have the $200 to spend for a new trigger. Does anyone have any suggestions on making the factory triger better or any drop in suggestions? Thanks.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Simply install the Volq. hammer in your stock trigger group.

EDIT: Hammer, not sear. I don't know what I was thinking of.

Go to www.rimfirecentral.com and look in their forums under the "10/22 Actions" forum and there are some great tips on improving your 10/22.

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clark, Power Custom, and Volquartsen all have versions of drop ins for these rifles that run anywhere from 40 to 60 bucks. I put the Volquartsen "Drop in Hammer" model in mine. Works fine, big improvement over the factory trigger. These are all available from Brownells and other suppliers.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on making the factory triger better or any drop in suggestions? Thanks.

I don't have his contact info handy, but see if you can locate Claude Gatewood, at Gatewood Custom Guns (or something close to that) in North Royalton, Ohio. He has done a few 10/22's and 77/22's for me a few years ago. $45 was his price. He adjusted the weight, creep, installed an overtravel limit screw, etc. Very nice work for the money.