New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 H&H >> 375 RUM rechamber??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
From my measurements here, it appears that the 375 RUM chamber dimensions will completely clean up an existing 375 H&H chamber, with no need to set the bbl back a turn. Can anyone confirm this?

I've got my eye on a rifle here, but it is currently in 375 H&H. I'd like to get the same sort of performance as Saeed's 375-404 wildcat, and I think the 375 RUM is basically the factory equivalent of his cartridge. Easier to get dies and brass, anyway.

Is this just a simple job of running a reamer in and cleaning up the chamber, or more extensive with barrel turning, etc? I am also assuming that any standard rifling twist rate as issued for the 375 H&H will also be suitable for the 375 RUM, correct?

thanks!
maxman

Posts: 337 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxman:
Is this just a simple job of running a reamer in and cleaning up the chamber...?
thanks!
maxman

I can't speak to whether the barrel will need to be turned back or not, but you almost certainly will need some work on the rails to make it feed properly, particularly if its a CRF.

Mark.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Right, markb - feed changes were a given due to the much different case shape. I'm just wondering if I will have to remove the bbl and mess with all of that setup, or if I can simply run the reamer in and move on to action mods.
maxman

Posts: 337 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pardon my ignorance but don't you have to remove the barrel for reaming?
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just run the reamer in.
If it works, give me a holler; I have a couple I want you to work on. [Big Grin]
[this is a joke]

[ 11-21-2003, 14:46: Message edited by: Bwana-be ]

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote