THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Wisners pre 64 mod 70 bolt release on a mod 70 classic

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wisners pre 64 mod 70 bolt release on a mod 70 classic
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone done this and what does it entail?
I know Hillcountry Rifles does this with the Wisner piece for there model 70 classics and it looks very nice.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It can be done, it just takes some filing and fitting.

I use them on all of my personal model 70 Classics.

Here are two, so equipped:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CasII

How about providing a few more details on those two beautiful rifles. Did you do all of the work on them?

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Does anyone make a Pre-64/Classic cocking piece to replaqce the butt-ugly cocking piece of the push feed Post-64 Winchester. I have a PF Model 70 that Dennis Olson converted to CRF and would like to replace the cocking piece

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
By the time you get done paying for these mods wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a pre '64?

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrosVentreGeorge:
By the time you get done paying for these mods wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a pre '64?

The pre-64 doesn't come with that modification. YOu would have to order the part and install it on your pre-64 as well.