New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legacy Sports Mauser/ Dumoulin A2000 actions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A few years ago Legacy Sports imported mauser 98 type actions into the US. These were as far as I can tell the same as the Dumoulin A2000 action, with flat top and built in dovetails. Has anyone had any experience with these actions? I have the opportunity to acquire a couple but don't know much about their level of quality.

It's not the caliber of the rifle that matters - It's the caliber of the man behind it.

One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post
Have never heard anything bad of Dumoulin Mauser actions. Their big caliber rifles could be occasionally badly balanced but their common work quality seems to be good.

Posts: 410 | Location: Finland | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canadaboy:
A few years ago Legacy Sports imported mauser 98 type actions into the US. These were as far as I can tell the same as the Dumoulin A2000 action, with flat top and built in dovetails. Has anyone had any experience with these actions? I have the opportunity to acquire a couple but don't know much about their level of quality.

Dumoulin could make some beautiful rifles. The action could be had with a full length under tang if I recall. I saw some at a gun show years back and they seemed good enough in the box.

I suppose it depends on how much work you're willing to put into an action sold for gunsmithing. Unless you're buying a high end action built for a specific cartridge, "gunsmithing" actions in the box usually need a lot of work to smooth them up and especially to make them feed properly, no matter who made them.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would
be interesting to hear a metalurgist, engineer, or experimenter comment on the effects of dovetailing the receiver ring for the claw base with respect to the degree of weakening the receiver. Sometimes the obvious result turns out to be false.

Posts: 132 | Location: Kenai Peninsula,Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ignore the above- wrong thread.

Posts: 132 | Location: Kenai Peninsula,Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dfcjr:
Ignore the above- wrong thread.

Or you could delete the errant post...

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
errant posts, whether intentional or not, are what make these forums so much fun dancing

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote