New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adapter for Ar to 22 LR ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey all, Im trying to help out a coworker who doesnt reload, the 5.56 ammo is killing him and he wants an aapter to convert it to 22 LR, ala the military used to use. Any help locating one?? I posted this in military rifles also.
Thanks,
Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 849 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brownells and I think Midway carry the CMMG unit that has a write up in American Rifleman this month. It replaces the carrier assembly, and is easy to use. I think the cost was around $200. The review was pretty favorable, but don't expect tack driving accuracy. To drive tacks, take a look at the CLE .22 upper but be sitting down when you look at the price.

Posts: 714 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Registered: 09 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
gunbroker has some. Also check army surplus stores. I found a brand new colt 22 conversion kit in the blister pack never used for $15

Posts: 133 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 18 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys I'll pass on the info.
Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 849 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I bought two of the CMMG's. They work flawlessly and I was surprised at the accuracy! I did not bench them, but bunnies at 50 yds. were no problem.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IMO a MUCH better option than an adaptor is to buy a Smith and Wesson MP15-22lr. They usually sell for $400-$500 and function exactly like a std AR-15. You can even use std AR parts in the lower.
I have one and it shoots and functions great and is quite accurate. I don't really like the idea of dirtying up my 223 barrel with cruddy 22lr ammo..........................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
The Ciener units work pretty well. A couple months back I tuned one to run on an M16 in full auto with sub-sonic ammo. It was so much fun to do I didn't even charge for the job...customer provided the ammo. Thing runs so fast it fires 7 or 8 rounds before I could release the trigger. Had the shop floor covered with brass. Big Grin

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote