New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger No. 1 International question
 Login/Join

<duckster>
posted
A question for everyone. Are the Ruger No. 1 Internationals with the full length stock any more difficult to get "tuned" to shoot well than the regular No. 1s? And in this same vein, are the regular No. 1s usually OK shooters or do they all generally require some gunsmith tuning to shoot well. Just asking as I have never owned a No. 1 but am playing with the idea of buying one. Thanks.

one of us
Picture of cowboy77845
posted Hide Post
I hope you get lots of responses because I just got one in 280. Am glass bedding the forend, installing a Kiplinger trigger and replacing the springs with Wolf springs. I think I will also glass the stock. I had a Browning 1885 stock split. Investigation revealed the stock hole was not exactly centered and the stock did not make full contact with the action. I think glassing the stock will increase the strength of the wrist area and ensure full contact. You can read the answers I got under the single shot rifle thread "what kind of accuracy can I expect?"

Posts: 375 | Location: College Station, Tx | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buy the gun first and then shoot it at least a few hundred times and then decide what you like to improve with it. I have had four Ruger No. 1s so far and all of them were great shooters out of the factory box. Good luck!

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote