Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A new website to buy and sell guns?
 Login/Join

posted
If anybody is curious about an alternative to some of the other auction sites out there, there is a classifieds site at:

http://gunsusa.us

Give it a look.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
6 Handguns, 3 rifles, 1 shotgun.

Layout is okay, but content is lacking.

Jon Larsson - Hunter - Shooter - Reloader - Mostly in that order...Wink

Posts: 682 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
in time, looks like a usable website as opposed to what happened to gunsamerica.com.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Guns America sure went in the opposite direction as far as i'm concerned.

Whats up with gunsamerica's "New look" anyhow?

You know that website was down for more than 1 week. people were screaming. Smiler

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
GunsAmerica has really screwed itself. From now on any guns I sell will go on GunBroker with a reserve. I don't even bother perusing the ads on GunsAmerica anymore because it is so difficult to navigate and the pics are so small.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Your right about that. The pics are tiny. Their old site was the bomb. I never understood why people feel the need to improve upon something that works just fine. BTW: The small pics were the same gripe from most of the people on the GA forums.

Gunbroker is ok, but i'm not carzy about the auction part of it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
How about Auction Arms?
Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live."

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
AuctionArms and GunBroker are both fine. If you are selling, just make sure you set a reserve price or an opening bid. GunBroker is much larger and gets more hits so I would choose it for selling but I search both when I am looking for something to buy.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, Guns America sure went in the opposite direction as far as i'm concerned.

Whats up with gunsamerica's "New look" anyhow?

it was a great reference place, too- easy to view and large pictures. great to browse, just thumbing through gettin' big ideas and considering overtime to pay for them.

the site as it is now is unusable.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forrest,
I sent them (Gunsamerica) and email and told them I thought they would loose customers, including me and that their improvement was anything but. Have not heard back.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
If all you guys that DON'T like GA will stay away that's more for me. Cool

Rich

Posts: 6422 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Chic, I emailed them too. They basically replied that I should just be patient, minor bugs were being worked out, growth and progress requires change but is inevitable, tough at first but good for everyone in the long run, I would get used to the new format eventually, I shouldn't be having difficulties anyway, etc. etc, essentially denial.

I suspect their activity is way down in terms of searches and new listings. I guess the old adage "change or die" will sort itself out one way or the other. We'll see but if they survive at all I think they will have a much smaller site to the benefit of Gunbroker & Auctionarms.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Customstox:
Forrest,
I sent them (Gunsamerica) and email and told them I thought they would loose customers, including me and that their improvement was anything but. Have not heard back.

Did the same, never heard back either. I used to use them to research going rates for guns. Tried doing that tonight for Win.52's, got nowhere.

Posts: 1680 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Regarding gunsamerica, they were telling everyone that there were minor glitches in the system. Believe me, those are MAJOR glitches.. I think thats where that new site (GunsUSA.us) came from. I heard on the forums that someone was going to start their own GA type site.

Gunsamerica never answers any of their email from what I hear. Must be busy. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
it ain't the glitches for me, it's the entire format- it's worthless.