New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Barrel???????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking for experience here, who makes the best, most acurate barrels. Looking at Rock Creek Barrels, Shilen, Douglas, Krieger, PacNor, Hart, ect...... The Rock Creeks are the 5R technology that the Military uses in thier 308 bolt guns, anyone know about these? Thanks

By the way it will be going on a 257 WSM

Posts: 439 | Location: USA | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The longrange.com guy's love the 5R cut barrels, this is what I plan to put on my rifle as well.

Posts: 113 | Location: no fixed address | Registered: 09 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I asked Bruce Baer this same question recently. His response was Lawton, Hart, and Krieger. I have never heard of Lawton but if he says they are good I'd take his word for it.

Posts: 179 | Location: Boise, ID | Registered: 16 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
there is alot of good barrel makers out there. this year i went with tim north his barrels are also very nice looking inside and he make the 5-r rifleing on some of them. i have a 6mm barrel and a 30 cal both are 5-r they both will be used for 1000 yd matchs at the N.B.R.S.A YOU CAN CONTACT TIM AT BROUGHTON RIFLE BARRELS PHONE 920-922-4882 CELL PHONE 262-707-2979 FAX 920-922-4894 YOU CAN TELL HIM THAT KREGG SLACK SAID GIVE HIM A CALL IM VERY HAPPY WITH THE TWO I GOT.