New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enfield Floor Plate
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are there any floorplates that will work with the 1914/1917 Enfield actions that have a bit more "style"? I know the "dog leg" can be cut and rewelded, but surely something else will work.

Anybody know any sources for the Enfield floorplates?

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a question I've seen before but to date not found a solution to in the commercial sense. I have an a M17/P14 in 375 H&H in project mode still, about 75 % finished bar stocking, for my floor plate/mag I used a commercial 375 Mauser mag box & floor plate & cut off the front & rear action screw holes , did likewise to the the Enfield floor plate, clamped the mag box where I wanted it & welded the enfield ends on after securing them in the correct location with the guard screws. It looks OK, will look better with a bit more finishing & contouring. In thinking about it subsequently, I'd probably modify the stock floor plate. Braze on a small hinge block at the front like on a mauser mag cover & make a button release for it like on a Mod 70 Winchester.
Steve

Posts: 540 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a straddle floorplate that you might be able to fit and make work.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
22WRF PM sent

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I traded a 1903 springfield mag and floorplate to a guy who was going to use it on a 1917. I presume they can be made to work.