New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin Rimfire triggerjob
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Have a Marlin 995SS semiauto .22 and want to decrease the 8 lb trigger pull. Has anyone worked on one of these....Just as an FYI, I have improved the trigger on 3 of my muzzleloaders, two .22 bolts,and my 45 auto, but have never worked on a similar setup and am looking for basic pointers.

Posts: 253 | Location: Texas by way of NC, Indiana, Ark, LA, OKLA | Registered: 23 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not, but I have done allot of trigger jobs.

It is about as much trouble for me to get a semi auto down to 4 pounds as it is to get a military Mauser down to 1 pound.

For the 10/22, I just close my eyes and sign the check to get a 2 pound trigger from someone else.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
These usually show up at the shop door in plastic bags with missing parts. This one is a typical Glenfield 60 affair. You can break the edges of the sear and hammer and fit a lighter weight spring to the hammer and that should help relieve the pull a bit. If you decide to take this on, surround yourself with magnetic material to catch all the springs and crap that will likely come flying out when you separate the side plates. Big Grin

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote