Find
Notify
Tools

'77 Sharps engraving photos
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted
I recently finished engraving this '77 Sharps for a friend. It's quite a nice action...much smaller and more elegant than the normal Sharps.

Tom had a specific scroll pattern in mind and wanted to keep the engraving and border work conservative and classic. I hope you enjoy the photos...

Side plate:

Side plate closeup:

Lever:

Sorry the photo is a little over exposed. I find it difficult to get a good engraving photo of a compound curve.

Top Tang:

The lettering was done by the factory engraver and it's very well done I might add. The serial number has been edited out of this pic.

Left side:

Right side is just a mirror of this side...

Thanks for looking. Roger

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work Roger!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Can you ask your friend to post photos when it is all put together?

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Roger.

I have always considered the 1877 to be the classiest of the Sharps actions, and your engraving is a fitting accent. Thanks for sharing.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3845 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice Roger!
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
conservative & classic it certainly is. tu2 tu2

quote:
Sorry the photo is a little over exposed. I find it difficult to get a good engraving photo of a compound curve.

Roger you might try either a polorizing or a neutral density filter.

Another trick I used to use thirty years ago was to place a piece of tissue over the flash to help defuse the light.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Very Nice...Lots of talent and I like the style!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. I have seen how it is done but I still don't understand how anybody can do it. DW

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
I posted this and then got busy and sorta forgot about it...

Thanks for the complementary comments guys.

I will ask him to take photos of the completed rifle when he gets it together.

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Schweeet! As usual, very nice.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote