THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Rem 700 w/ Rifle Basix trigger ... Help???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Mine breaks at 6oz and shoots sub .5moa out to 600yds,...go for it.

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Maximus
posted Hide Post
Is this a carry gun for hunting? Do you keep a round in the chamber while walking around?

Thanks!

Posts: 94 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 09 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

You could call Rifle Basix and find out.
Phone: (704) 566-1939 - Fax: (704) 566-4037
http://www.varminthunters.com/riflebasix/

Posts: 65 | Location: SW,Florida,U.S.A | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
In addition to the mechanical capabilities of triggers, two of the more frequent contributors to Accidental Discharges are adrenalin & fatigue. Ignorance may be a third major contributor.

Though it is possible to adjust many triggers to less than 2.5 pounds, I sure wouldn't want to be in the same woods with ANY hunter whose trigger was set at less than about that weight. Especially in cold weather when his/her hands are not at their most sensitive...

Below 2 pounds is okay for paper-punching and perhaps varmint hunting, but is not terribly safe in the bush or the mountains.

More shooting practice can replace a too-light trigger with equal accuracy and a lot more safety.

My opinion after more than 55 years of hunting & shooting.

AC

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote