Find
Notify
Tools

sunny hill barrel
 Login/Join

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted
Anyone used one of the Sunny Hill integral barrels yet?

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd be willing to bet the farm that they do an excellent job

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
anyone know the cost and wait time?

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just spoke to them, both cost and wait seemed reasonable to me. I do not want to quote for Sunny Hill in a public forum, but can say I will most likely work them in the future.
Steve

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are they a new kid on the barrel building block? Haven't heard of them making barrels before.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spoke with them as well this morning. They are not manufacturing barrels but rather taking over-sized, uncontoured blanks and machining quite a few features (integral quarter rib, barrel band, secondary recoil lug, banded front sight, etc.) into the finished barrel. In speaking with them, they said they will not work on stainless steel and that there are only a few barrel makers that offer blanks with the rough dimensions (approx. 1.8" to 2.00" in dia.) needed.

For the amount and apparent quality of the work, their prices are very reasonable.

Posts: 355 | Location: CO | Registered: 19 March 2007Reply With Quote