New
Find
Notify
Tools

Light metal guard assembly for 1903?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am familiar with the Michaels hinged dural guard/magazine assembly for 1903 Springfield with the "engraved" floorplate. Is, or was, there any other lightweight metal assembly ever available?

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Besides the Michaels one, I know Flaig's of Pa had a lightweight hinged floorplate model. I guess if you went thru some of the old 50-60's American Rifleman magazines you might find some.There seemed to always be small ads in the back advertising different custom add ons for 03's and Mausers. Some of these turn up on ebay from time to time.
Bob

one of us
posted Hide Post
Manhasset, I think you are right and I think those from Flaig's may have been marked "Made in Finland". Would like to find one. Have been watchiing ebay, have seen a couple of Michaels, one just went for $79.

One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vigillinus:
Manhasset, I think you are right and I think those from Flaig's may have been marked "Made in Finland". Would like to find one. Have been watchiing ebay, have seen a couple of Michaels, one just went for $79.
I was just wondering what you actually type in for your search.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"springfield hinged guard"