New
Find
Notify
Tools

BORDER Barrels
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any out there who have experience with Border barrels ??
As far as I know they are cut rifled and should be super accurate. Barrels are made from stainless or a EN19 alloy (CM). EN19 should have superiour hardness compared to other barrels. Many have claimed a prolonged barrel life..

Posts: 186 | Location: 9750 Honningsvaag, Norway | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
<tictac>
posted
Border are well rated in England. They are cut riffled (Pratt & Witney) altough they do now offer a button riffled barrel. Check their web site.

one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
I have a Border barrel on a .358 Norma Magnum.

It is very accurate -- soon I will see how it does with cast bullets.

It is one of the smoothest barrels I've ever looked through or cleaned.

Being a hand cut barrel, they can make it a custom bore diameter or twist with no problem (I had mine made a bit tighter bore than standard, and with a 1/12 twist).

I'd buy another one.

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Border barrels I have seen are equal to any others in the world. They are very good barrels. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3763 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How do they rate against a Krieger in a heavy contour?

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Rootbeer

I have used three border barrels and they are damn nice adn just as accurate as the Krieger I had. Dr Geoffery Kolbe that makes tham shoots palma for the U.K team and will be able to make a barrel to you specifications. I know that some competition shooters uses them in Sweden and I think that accuracy international uses them.

My experince is that they are very easy to clean and smooth for beeing a cut barrel.

Good luck
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
JOHAN,
What's a Blaser? Can you direct me to a picture of one?

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by rootbeer:

What's a Blaser? Can you direct me to a picture of one?

Tust me, you don't want to see any pictures...if there should have been any pictures of the thing it need to be censored since the damn thing is soo uggly. I suggest you ask our kind host Saeed about them.. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Basicly is a piece of overcomplicated, overengineered, crap that according to some insane persons looks like a rifle, but in the real world it a glorified dinky toy for thoose immature hunters [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Razz] [Cool]

/ JOHAN