THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    I'm looking for a .264 win mag ackley imp. reamer

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm looking for a .264 win mag ackley imp. reamer
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have everything else, my reamer is shot. I would think somebody would have one.Thanks

<JBelk>
posted
Frankg--

I've never heard of that caliber....there was a 6.5 Ackley Magnum, but Ackley says the capacity is the same as the standard 264 WM. There really isn't any meaningful differernce between any of them until you reach the Critzer which is 300 H&H length.

Send your reamer off and have it sharpened. It's usually $35 or so.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually I think it was sharpening the reamer that caused the problem.On this particular gun everything about the chamber is just a little too tight.

<JBelk>
posted
.......Or the resizing die was made with the chambering reamer....which means the die is too big.

I've seen a dozen homemade wildcats with the same problem.

When you regrind a reamer the shoulder is ground also. That means it's exactly the same size as it was before when it works. The neck cuts only on the leading edge. No need for it to be re-ground.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You may be right about that.The neck is also too tight though. I may have to have a new reamer made.A new reamer should solve all the problems provided the reamer is a little bigger.