Find
Notify
Tools

Wanted: Trigger for Brno ZKK
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted
I need a standard trigger for a Brno ZKK-601 (not the set trigger). If you have one for sale or know where I can get one, please contact me. Thanks!

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Rats! I've got a spare set trigger for the ZKK 600/601/602 that has been hanging around my shop since '72, just in case anyone reading this needs one....

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post

[ 03-20-2003, 01:01: Message edited by: fla3006 ]

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Fla3006,

Those rifles used to come with the "other" trigger as a spare in a little green cloth bag. I didn't want a set trigger, so my 602 came with the non-set trigger installed and a second non-set trigger blade in the little green bag. I passed my spare to an AR shooter who needed one, but perhaps someone out there has another. [Wink]

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, exactly. My spare set trigger is from a ZKK 601 in 7x57 that I bought in 1969. It was in the rifle, but the standard trigger was in the green bag. I switched them and then went out and shot my first moose with it. Then, for some reason I've never been able to understand any time since, I traded it for a pre-war Win M70 '06.

I want the 7x57 back so bad, I've offered a $500 U.S. finder's fee, plus the price of the rifle, to anyone who can find the old ZKK for me, but to no avail.

It was sold from Erv Heiman and Doug Paul's Custom Gun Shop in Edmonton, Alberta in ca. 1970, in case any fellow shooter cares to collect the finder's fee... It had a tiny knot in the upper right hand side of the butt-stock, and a little bit of greenish cast to the wood near the knot. Of course it had the pop-up peep in the rear receiver ring. Was wearing a 2-1/2X Meopta scope in a one-piece Brno factory mount for the ZKKs when sold.

[ 03-20-2003, 07:17: Message edited by: Alberta Canuck ]

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
All of you should read twice the sad tale Alberta Canuck has to offer. Don't let this happen to you. Hang on to you're favored firearms at almost any cost. It seems circumstances change but regret lasts a long, long time.

Good luck, AC.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
<Buliwyf>
posted
Good insightful comment ForrestB.

AC, I have been looking at 601's lately. I will keep an eye open for your old rifle. A finders fee won't be necessary for me.

Buliwyf

one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Dang! Sorry guys, I just sold my 602 with BOTH triggers and I'm pretty sure the buyer really only wanted the set trigger.

If you are interesteed, I could contact him and see if he might want to part with the standard trigger.

If he wants some money, what might you guys be willing to offer? I have no idea what might be appropriate.

(Yes, I'm in Sweden, but I can mail the trigger to you on a visit to the US most likely).

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buliwyf

Please contact my by e-mail at canuck@ramcell.net

May be to both our advantage.

AC