Notify
Tools

Re: Some FN parts available if interested
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted
z1r,

Thanks for the headsup. I was interested in the complete unit as I just used my last one.

Here is a photo that shows the slot a little better.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pic. Apparently I was off in my description of where the slot is. I have three FN shrouds sitting in drawer and can't remember where exactly the slot is.

Posts: 4862 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry just now replying on this guys, the checks can come to me and a buck for shipping unless you need it priority. But I got an e-mail or two also saying they wanted them, so let me look tonight and see in chronological order who replied when and I will post saying how many are spoken for and if any are left. then I'll send my address to you guys and we should be good to go. He also had a couple of original mauser crossbolts, but I bought them :-)

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So it can work on a military shroud? Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
It is much like the right side safeties, it just needs a small notch in the shroud.

I don't have a pic handy of the notch itself but here is what the safety looks like on the shroud. Right where the safety contacts the bolt sleeve stop housing or tunnel is where you will need a small notch.

Posts: 4862 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If these are levers only, what kind of shroud with what kind of modifications are necessary? Thanks, Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know I could put this in classifieds, but thought the guys looking for them would be here. I have some parts a friend had laying around. Remaining are:

3 of the floorplate release pins- $5ea. (there were 5 but I bought two of them and already installed one on my 98 and the other is for my mom's Mark X)

2 of the older style safeties without the spring and 1 of the newer style with the spring- $25ea.

I am not making a profit on these guys, just going to give him the money once they are all gone.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
If what you have is the leftsided wing safety, I'm in bad need of one. Please send me a PM were to send the $$$ and it'll be on it's way. I'll be out of touch for the rest of the afternoon, But put me down for 1.

Thanks,
Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd like one of the left side wing safeties also. Please advise how to do the transaction. I take it is a safety mounted on a shroud, right? Bob

one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
If this is the FN left side safety/bolt shroud unit I will take one as well.

Thanks,
Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Mbogo375,

These are the safties only.

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Quote:

So it can work on a military shroud? Bob

That's what I'm counting on, lol. The FN shrouds I have don't look any different than the military shrouds I have except for the little notch. I think the trick is to keep the notch fairly tight to keep the safety from rattling around.