New
Find
Notify
Tools

SSK?
 Login/Join

<Axel>
posted
Anyone have any experience with SSK Industries in Ohio? I am thinking of having them build me a 510 Whisper. Thoughts on that cartridge are welcome also.

Thanks,
Axel

one of us
posted Hide Post
SSK is top notch, you won't be disappointed.

Posts: 711 | Location: Michigan , USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bigbore50ak
posted Hide Post
ive got a 50 alaskan and a 257 jdj they both shoot awesome. thell treat you right. jason

Posts: 142 | Location: indiana | Registered: 24 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
They have done a lot of my gunsmithing (rifles and handguns), and their work has always been top-notch.

BTW, there is an SSK-built .510 Whisper on GunBroker RIGHT NOW for $1895. Here's the link:
SSK-built .510 Whisper

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big Bore
posted Hide Post
Top of the line as far as I'm concerned. I have a .45-70 Fox Ridge barrel reworked by SSK, a TC 30-30 barrel rechambered to .309 JDJ, and a real SSK barrel for the Encore in .50 Alaskan. In all cases the work they performed has been outstanding. I had a slight problem with the rechamber on the .309 JDJ and they told me outright, "we will either fix it or replace it with one or our barrels." How can one argue with customer service like that? Unfortunately for me, they were able to fix the problem with the rechambered TC barrel so I didn't wind up getting a real SSK barrel for the price of a closeout TC barrel, but still, I could not belive they would even offer such a fix. By the way, the problem was 100% solved and it is the most accurate barrel I own. They do top-notch work, service if needed, is done right and fast, and they stand behind their barrels and any of their work 100%. [Big Grin]

Posts: 641 | Location: Indiana, U.S.A. | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote