New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mauser Bottom Metal Ready for Delivery
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I posted a classified ad for the new bottom metal we are producing for the M98. Take a look and let me know what you think.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2711043/m/214102249

Thanks.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. Wiebe:

Looks beautiful.

I will be constructing a 416 Ruger, using a 1908 Brazilian Mauser action. Will you be making bottom metal for the 1898 Mauser that conforms to the case dimensions of the 375 Ruger and the proposed 416 Ruger?

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Posts: 2594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have the 375 doped out..anyone know if the 416 wuill have the same shoulder position? This box is about 2 months away...coming up right after the 375 H&H length drop box, which is now in the works

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Duane
Wery nice picture of your new bottom metal.
It is so nice that it looks almost CNC made Wink
Please watch out that you dont excede the recomended cuttingspeed of a file, producing those verry nice buttommetals. To high cuttingspeed with a file can cause sweat in your face, and partly meltdown of your file Cool

A little more serious, this products seems extremly wellmade.
But watch out that nobody finds out that it isn't handmade, and that the production doesnt take several weeks, as it might lead a lot of customers to belive that it is of less quality
Best regards
Jørgen

PS if you dont want my comments on your products, please let me know, and i will delete it

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello all,

Vapodog has made a 416 Ruger (RCM?). Duane, you might shoot him a pm regarding shoulder position. IIRC it is a straight neck-up of the .375 version with no shoulder changes.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTW,

That bottom metal looks beautiful. I believe the RCM's will breathe more new life into the old, but perfect M98.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane,

will the magnum mauser be "standard" guard screw spacing or will it be magnum length?

Posts: 328 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jørgen:
Hi Duane
Wery nice picture of your new bottom metal.
It is so nice that it looks almost CNC made Wink
Please watch out that you dont excede the recomended cuttingspeed of a file, producing those verry nice buttommetals. To high cuttingspeed with a file can cause sweat in your face, and partly meltdown of your file Cool

A little more serious, this products seems extremly wellmade.
But watch out that nobody finds out that it isn't handmade, and that the production doesnt take several weeks, as it might lead a lot of customers to belive that it is of less quality
Best regards
Jørgen

PS if you dont want my comments on your products, please let me know, and i will delete it
Enjoy your comments! keep them coming...works out my agressive! HA....best regards Duane

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lawndart:
Hello all,

Vapodog has made a 416 Ruger (RCM?). Duane, you might shoot him a pm regarding shoulder position. IIRC it is a straight neck-up of the .375 version with no shoulder changes.

LD

That would sure help! Thanks Duane

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Hughes:
Duane,

will the magnum mauser be "standard" guard screw spacing or will it be magnum length?

These units ae standard m-98 hole spacing...we figure it as 7.8125"

One of Us
Picture of Chisana
posted Hide Post
Looks like a nice part Duane.

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
Distinguished Rifleman
President's Hundred

Posts: 390 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 11 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beauty, I look forward to seeing a whole gun. Cool

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Very nice Duane. Sign me up for 375 Ruger drop box. I bet the short Ruger line will be quite popular in the Mausers.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Very much looking forward to the H&H and short magnum 5 down models. If life is good, there's a .404 somewhere down the road too.

Will you also be supplying matching springs and followers?

Posts: 63 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Chris, I with you on the potential for the Ruger popularity in standard Mausers. I wish the Ruger boxes had been next in line but I think Duane had a need for some long mag boxes so he could complete some projects that are currently sitting on his bench...necessity is the mother of production. Smiler

Kitchen, Duane told me he was preparing to supply followers for some of the larger cartridges, specifically the 404 J. I asked because I have a 404 in the works myself. Duane is out of town and out of touch for the next week, so you might follow-up with him later.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Forrest,

Thanks for the info.

Now, to convince someone with a CNC mill to map an original Holland .375 built on a standard model, ...

Posts: 63 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote