New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shotgun chokes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a sidelock 12ga that is choked full and full. Would like to get them opened up to Mod and Mod or improved and modified. Anyway, Simmons and Briley are gonna take to long for me to have the shotgun back in time for bird season. My local smiths are not an option.

Any Ideas as to who might be able to open up the chokes for me, do a good job,and have my gun back around the first week of November??

Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
+1 on Michael Orlen Call him very nice guy to deal with. I've had him work on 5 or 6 gun for me and friends always does was he says he will. Fast turn around to boot.

Posts: 215 | Location: BRF mid west WI. | Registered: 28 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Add one more kudo to Michael Orlen for his work. He has done several chokes and a few chambers for me. Great work, very fast and pleasant to deal with. I once sent him a set of barrels on a Friday and had them returned the following Friday. Not normal 2-3 weeks are normal, but damn it was fast!

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want to thank you guys for the referance. I called Michael Orlen to discuss my wants, and he said no problem. So with that said, FedX has my barrels on ther way to his shop. Shipped them today.

He will open the chokes from F/F to M/M, as well as lengthen the forceing cones. I think it will suit my style of hunting just fine.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well...guess what! My barrels are DONE. To top it off, according to tracking numbers the UPS man will deliver the barrels to my door tommorow. They were shipped 10/26.

I also sent a set of 10 ga barrels along with the first order to have Michael lengthen the forceing cones..there done too.

Thanks again!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Could have open the barrels your self in no time if they are plain steel and not crome lined. I drill and steel wool and some shells to pattern them. I have done it several times works well.

Posts: 19581 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote