Notify
Tools

Please help with Gentry safety
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
I need some help !!
I bought a three position safety for my Brno ZKK 602 in 375 H&H from Gentry. It seems some work or modification is needed. The safety arrived in a plastic bag with an explanation paper that it says is for mausers and Mark something actions, it doesn't mention Brno or CZ actions.

The gunsmith says it can be adapted and that for him the paper is wrong and that the safety is for the Brno but that is not so easy to adapt. Maybe the safety is for the CZ 550 action and not for the Brno ZKK 602 ??? Confused

He says that if he adapt it he must do some changes in the trigger and that this one will be "loose" or with "free" movements. Sorry my very bad explanation but language barrier doesn't help Frowner

Any ideas are welcome
Thanks
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would call or email Gentry's with your concerns. They're generally pretty helpful.

Posts: 40 | Location: northern NY | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I don't know much about these, but did you get a cocking piece with the safety?

I think it needs a special one that's supposed to work with that safety.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Typical Gentry BS. If you go to their webpage they go on about the safety's features and price it at $155, then the last line says "cocking piece must be purchased $60.00".

I bet it's their standard '98 unit with a custom cocking piece as an adapter. Why the hell don't they just price the whole kit?

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send that POS back and demand your money back. They have been having nothing but problems with the safeties they sell. The timing is off and it don't work. I know, I sent two back and should have learned the first time. Brownell's had a load of 40 of them and sent them all back because the timing was off by 180 deg.

Step back and call Ed Lapour. He will set you free and his are excellent.

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote