New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions needed on Rock River Arms pistol
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have the chance to buy a Rock River Arms 1911 style pistol in 45 ACP. I'm not sure what the model/designation is, it just says Rock River Arms on the side of the slide. Looks like a mil-spec type gun... matte finish, nothing fancy. Has anyone shot one? How was it? Fair price for one? (It's new in the box). I know their AR-15's have a good reputation, but I know nothing about their pistols. Thanks in advance for any info!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rock River? Did you mean Rock Island? [Confused]

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pecos45:
Rock River? Did you mean Rock Island? [Confused]

Nope, Rock River Arms.

They make a fine AR-15, but I don't know anyone that has shot their pistols.

www.rockriverarms.com has pistols, but they're all a step up from the one I can buy. The pictured guns are all match guns of one flavor or another, this one is plain-Jane mil-spec.

one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
I first learned of Rock River a couple years ago because of their 1911s. They focused on the bullseye market and make nice wadguns (why I was looking in the first place). Not being interested in a mil-spec piece, I've never looked at theirs but if it's on par with their target jobs it ought to be fine. For what (little) it's worth..

Redial

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would suggest you head over to Pistolsmith.com. The forums there tend to focus on the 1911 platform although others are discussed as well.
http://www.pistolsmith.com/index.php

Posts: 172 | Location: Danville, VA, USA | Registered: 08 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CB, the reason I asked was there was a big article on "Rock Island" 45s a few issues ago in Shotgun News. The Rock Island is made in the Philippiens. They gave it fairly good review but you are obviously look at a different cat.

Sorry.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote