Notify
Tools

7mag Complete
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted
Well here it is......ready to go out. Stats are as follows"

Pre-War Model 70 with Krieger barrel done up in 7mag.
Trigger pull set a 2.75
Custom Scope bases
Inlet sling swivel bases.
Skeleton Grip cap.
Leather recoil pad.
Checkered at 26 lpi with saddle panel on grip and wrap around on the fore arm.
Stock is Exhibition English.

All metal work by Jim Dubell. Everything else by me.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All set to go out? Do you already have my address?

Beauty of a rifle. from the angle I can't see what you did to the grip cap, mind another picture or telling us? Or should I just take a picture when it arrives? :-)

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
That's a fantastic looking rifle. If it shoots as good as it looks, you're set for sure! I'm not sure I'd want to knock it around in the trees though...

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice, Bill....

MKane160 aka BigDogMK

Posts: 488 | Location: TN | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Thats very nice, but you didnt ask me my LOP, how do you know if its going to fit my long arms

I take it thats English, or at least looks it to me, you got any more banks hid out that that one.

Very good job, nice work.

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Did Mike K. turn that stock, just curios on whos pattern.

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Daaang William!!
Looks great. Not in the same shape as the last time I saw it! Nice work. You make it easy to have my name associated with projects like that

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice work, Bill.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous, thanks for posting, Bill & Jim. What's your next project?

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Dago,

Skeleton grip cap - I posted pics of it before I blued the cap.....dont want to bore you with the same pics again!

Gringo,

Thats my pattern....

Our next project (Jim and myself) is a 300 Mag done almost identical to this one only it will be stocked in bastgone. The metal work is already done......

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,
You did a great job, my friend. I am very impressed. Reminds me to get the file wrapped.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Really, REALLY nice Bill.

Jeff

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alvinmack
posted Hide Post
Great looking rifle Bill!! Now you need to get the doctor out of the stone age and get rid of his Weatherby 45 caps

Nevertheless it looks great. Howard will be out in a week for some Salmon and Trophy Muskie fishing. You think he would make good Muskie food?

-Mike

Posts: 448 | Location: Lino Lakes, MN | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Great looking wood.

I for one never tire of looking at pictures of rifles like that one.

Posts: 513 | Location: MO | Registered: 14 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Well I've talked to him about those 45 degree tips.....not sure if I even made a dent. But it is his money.....so.....
Make sure Howard doesnt shower before he gets there.....that way he will smell even better to those Muskies!

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
She's a beauty Bill. Thanks for sharing it. Is that an oil finish or??

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Wstrnhuntr,

Thanks! The stock is sealed with marine varnish (thinned) and then a mud coat with SeaFin Teak oil to fill the pores. Final rubout with rottenstone and the teak oil then a few hand rub coats of teak oil.....one drop at a time.