Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 7600 disassembly
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of T3Shooter
posted
I am looking for simple guide regarding basic disassembly of Remington 7600 (this rifle is not included in Gun Digest’s Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly), namely how to remove barrel and stock. I have been able to Google up some very rudimentary instruction regarding how to unscrew the action tube but my gun-smithing skill are very limited and I am certain that unless I find more details how to go about it I will stuff something up. I would greatly appreciate if someone could post simple step by step guide or a working link.
Thanks.

Ladies and gentlemen, when I was a young boy I dreamed of being a baseball. But we have to go forward, not backwards, upwards, not forwards, and always twirling, twirling, twirling, towards freedom!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to Remington’s web site: http://www.remington.com and go to “support.†You can download a manual and a parts list as a PDF file for your particular rifle.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of T3Shooter
posted Hide Post
I have been able to take down and put back together several rifles using step by step guide from the Digest’s Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly. I would never attempt this if all I had was the owner’s manual and a parts list. I even have the high definition schematic for 7600 from Numrich and I still feel that I need more guidance before I have a go.
Thanks anyway
homer

Ladies and gentlemen, when I was a young boy I dreamed of being a baseball. But we have to go forward, not backwards, upwards, not forwards, and always twirling, twirling, twirling, towards freedom!

one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
T3

There probably are no detailed instructions on how to take a 7600 apart because #1 Remington doesn’t want you to take the barrel off and #2 if it’s anything like the autos (I’m pretty sure it is) there really is no reason for detailed instruction. Simply unscrew the fore arm, unscrew the barrel bolt and release the bolt from the barrel and pull on the barrel. It has been my experience that you have to hold your mouth just right to remove the barrel from between the action bars on the autos and I would expect nothing less on the pump. Re-assemble in reverse order (meaning you have to hold your mouth the same but using the other side of your face.) Don’t be afraid there really ant much to ‘em.

Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T3Shooter:
I have been able to take down and put back together several rifles using step by step guide from the Digest’s Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly. I would never attempt this if all I had was the owner’s manual and a parts list. I even have the high definition schematic for 7600 from Numrich and I still feel that I need more guidance before I have a go.
Thanks anyway
homer

I don’t own a 7600 but aren’t they, for all practical purposes, an 870 shotgun that fires rifle ammunition from a removable magazine rather than shot shells from a tube? If you can strip and assemble an 870 you shouldn’t have any problem doing the same with a 7600. If you can’t strip and assemble an 870 perhaps you shouldn’t be taking rifles apart in the first place.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Why do you want to take it apart? Or do you NEED to take it apart?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's pretty basic except for the bolt and barrel. As I recall from taking by older version pump apart, a pin holds the bolt in and has to be pushed out from the left side. You need a specail sized wrench to take the barrel off. I made one by opening up an old open ended wrench on my emory wheel.

Posts: 168 | Location: No. Minnesota | Registered: 10 January 2004Reply With Quote