New
Find
Notify
Tools

Win 101 double trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I own a ca. 1984 Win 101 SuperGrade. I love this gun.

Problem is in woods hunting in winter in some thickets we usually hunt 1x1, meaning one shotshell and one Brenneke.

Were there any 101�s made with two triggers, or is there any other chance to get a double trigger for this gun?

I have other shotguns but this one seems to be radar guided ...

Thanks, Hermann

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
aHunter---

That gun was built by B.C.Miruku and is nearly identical to the Charles Daly guns of the same period.

I've never seen one with double triggers and to fit a pair would likely cost more than the gun.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, JBelk. That means I still need to buy another gun, shotgun this time ...

Hard work, but somebody has to do it.

Hermann

<mvelia>
posted
I'm assuming you are referring to a 101 o/u shotgun. When you said Brenneke, I was thinking rifle, like in 7mmX64 Brenneke. I just bought a Win "Super Grade" 101 w/12 ga over 30-06. It has German EAW quick release mounts and a 1.5X5 Leupold scope. The gun has never been shot and has burl walnut w/silver coined receiver w/engraving. These combos are really beautiful. Single selective trigger. Ejectors. I've always wanted one and I consider myself lucky to have found it. Mike in Oregon, USA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Browning made a superposed with double articulated triggers I think thats what they called them...

You could use them as double triggers or pull either one trigger twice...About as neat a set of triggers as I ever saw..I had one that I got from Belk one time. I wish all doubles, both rifles and shotguns were so set up.

Posts: 41980 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might try Doug Turnbull (sp?). I think he is doing single trigger reversals, ie taking guns that have been retro-fitted with single triggers back to double triggers. As I recall the work is very expensive though.
C.G.B.

Posts: 238 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 05 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't understand why you can't just use the selector. Once you are used to it, it is almost as quick as double triggers and easily selected while mounting. Some of them are a bit stiff and can easily be loosened up a bit.

Anything is possible, but as someone said, making double triggers for the gun would be an expensive project.

The 101 is one of the toughest over and unders ever made and a great gun, although they are usually considered to be on the heavy side by Europeans who often shoot lighter loads than we Americans.

PS: I believe they were made by Kodensha, not Miroku.

[ 06-28-2002, 00:11: Message edited by: Gatogordo ]

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I cared for a buddy's 101 for a while and busted a few clays, just to keep it from getting lonely. It has a barrel selector built into the safety. IIRC, push it up and left for the over barrel and up and right for the under barrel. The tang is stamped with a O and a U near the front of the safety.

Bye
Jack

Posts: 176 | Location: Saskatchewan | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gatofatone,
I just happen to like double triggers and thats what makes a horse race. Other than that your probably right, but on the other hand lets reverse your statement and state that I don't understand why the ever made a single selective trigger in the first place.

Posts: 41980 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The gun has selective trigger. I�ve tried it: with safety on, because of crawling through some thick vegetation upon seeing a pig:

pull back safety, push sideways, push forward. Meanwhile aiming and firing.

Its much more complicated than using a second trigger. Been there, done that.

Momentarily I use a CZ or Brno S/S with sidelocks. Wonderful gun, but just doesn�t fit like my Win. I shot a boar with it, but missed some hares ( not in the same hunt ). I don�t like missing ...

I think I take the usual approach - buy another gun.

Hermann