New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a new gun safe
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've bought too many guns and I'm out of room. Looking for a killer deal on a safe that will hold 20 to 25 long guns.

Posts: 314 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: 08 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
Have you checked craigslist? My bother got his from :

http://www.acsafes.com/

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1088 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Watch the sales at Dick's Sporting Goods. The Stack-Safes, not their steel cabinets but real safes are a good deal. You get a lot for your money. They go on sale very frequently.

Posts: 528 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone out there used those rifle rods that are supposed to increase your safe capacity by 50 percent? I've seen 'em advertised and at gun shows but have never spoke to anyone who's actually used them.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I put my guns in gun socks and stack them. Greatly increases safe capacity.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
'Nother question. Most safes now use electronic locks, which I dont like. What are the safety provisions if the battery/lock fails and can you program your own code?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Electronic locks can be programmed to any combo you want. An internal battery remembers your combo so you can loose power from the main battery and still be OK. I have dials on all my safes and never have to worry about problems with electronics.

Why don't you look for a real safe instead of a gun safe. Check with companies that have gone out of business and see if you can find a UL tool rated safe. Jewelry stores are a good source and the safes are often practically given away because nobody wants to move them.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I browsed a Tractor Supply store today, here in MD they are carring Cannon safes very nicely priced.

Posts: 528 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
recommend cannon if youre buying new.. their warranty is great..so far it has covered 3 trips from the locksmith to drill out the electronic lock mechanism when it malfunctions (mine did) and the promise of a new safe... seriously, i have 2 cannon safes, 1 ive had great difficulty with ( electronic) and another that is a dial type... i'll never have another electronic..i got them both from academy...academy has worked well on my behalf to get cannon's warranty...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
20-25?? if'n you get a bigger one you won't have to be looking again in a year or 2

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
How about:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...111086971#5111086971

I can ship these by freight.

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote