Find
Notify
Tools

Where to find a neck reamer????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Friends-

I am considering trying to get some additional OAL from my .264 Winchester Mag to eek out just a smidge of powder capacity.

This may be a silly question, but, where would I go to get a neck reamer to accomplish this task?

I am sure the easy answer would be any of the really good reamer makers??

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can rent one from 4D reamer rental..they are good folks to deal with.. Here is the link to their website.

www.4-dproducts.com

Z

Posts: 502 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 01 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am considering trying to get some additional OAL from my .264 Winchester Mag to eek out just a smidge of powder capacity.
This may be a silly question, but, where would I go to get a neck reamer to accomplish this task?

How do you want to accomplish this? Are you going to use longer brass and make a custom long-necked .264 or do you want a longer throat so that you can seat the bullets out further? It sounds like the second question is the one your looking for an answer to and if that is the case, you want a throater and not a neck reamer. You would also have to have enough room in your magazine to accomodate the longer OAL.
Zeeriverrat1 is correct that you can rent either from 4D reamer rentals or Clymer and any other reamer manufacturer can sell you one for around $35.00.

http://www.clymertool.com/price/Price_List.pdf

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All-

Thank you for your comments. Masterifleman, you are correct, I am looking for a "throater" reamer, as opposed to, a neck reamer.

That is all pending confirmation of my mag length versus OAL.

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I ran some numbers for you on this tread over on Wildcats. While I prefer to have my bullets outside not taking up powder capacity on the inside there isn't much gain to be had on the 264.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote