New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Mini 30 barrel threading
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Quick question, I have a Ruger Mini 30 on which I want to attach a suppressor, does anyone on here know of a gunsmith in the Dallas Fort Worth area that might do the job? Thanks.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2900 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have done a few. The barrel has to come off and the front sight boss moved rearward to get any decent thread on there. There is only room for 1/2-28 or 7/16-28 threads. The last one I did I had to make a split collar to press the sight off (to avoid damaging it) as it was galled tight to the SS barrel. Dont need to relocate the sight if you plan on using optics only. If you cant find anyone local, you can ship it to me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kendog:
I have done a few. The barrel has to come off and the front sight boss moved rearward to get any decent thread on there. There is only room for 1/2-28 or 7/16-28 threads. The last one I did I had to make a split collar to press the sight off (to avoid damaging it) as it was galled tight to the SS barrel. Dont need to relocate the sight if you plan on using optics only. If you cant find anyone local, you can ship it to me.

kendog, thanks for the insight and if I don't find a local 'smith to do the job I'll be in contact.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2900 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
check with Euless guns and ammo

Buddy Roberts

Posts: 183 | Location: Bedford, Texas | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buddy Roberts:
check with Euless guns and ammo

Thanks for the tip. I will contact them next week.

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buddy, checked with Euless Guns and Ammo and they will do it. Taking it later this week. Thanks.

Karl Evans