Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger pivot pin diameter on M98?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
I don't have one here at work to measure, and I need to pick up a piece of drill rod the correct size. Can someone do a quick measurement for me? I mean the pin that connects the trigger to the receiver. Either the size in decimal inches or the closest equivalent drill size (letter, number, or fraction) will work.

Thanks,

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3821 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Out of about 15 origonal triggers only one had the pin in it and with a dial caliper got a meauserment of .120

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loud-n-boomer:
I don't have one here at work to measure, and I need to pick up a piece of drill rod the correct size. Can someone do a quick measurement for me? I mean the pin that connects the trigger to the receiver. Either the size in decimal inches or the closest equivalent drill size (letter, number, or fraction) will work.

Thanks,

Dave

3mm = .1185 That's what one just measured, .1185".

GOOGLE HOTLINK FIX FOR BLOCKED PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES https://chrome.google.com/webs...inkfix=1516144253810

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forget all about inches Cool

It measures 3,00mm in metric

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
It's whatever I make it in, and it's always in inches and always will be! Big Grin

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toomany Tools:
It's whatever I make it in, and it's always in inches and always will be! Big Grin

I do realise the the psykological effect on customers, when using measurements with a lot of decimals Cool
3,0mm does not sound nearly as accurate as 0,11811024" Wink

I always feel inferior when working in 1/100 mm, compared to the americans always talking about 1/1000 inch.

But then i came to the conclution, that the reason europeean industry is better of in those times of crises, is that we can make a CNC program about 3 times faster in metric measurements, compared to the guy who has to punch 2 or 3 times more digits into the cnc when programming in inches Wink

posted Hide Post
The trigger pin is metric. Why buy drill rod? You can get a box of 100 pins from Enco product number 326-0410, for about $9! They are good for both the trigger pivot and attachment. They are beuatifully polished and hard.

one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
If all else fails and you're in a bind, dig out your drill bit index and find a bit diameter that works. Most of us have an extensive enough bit index to find something that's close enough to work.

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help guys. I was able to buy a 36-inch (91.62 centimeter beer) length of oil hardening 3 mm drill rod at the tool supply house next to me office for $2.19.

I needed to make a new pivot pin for an aftermarket trigger that requires a longer pin with snap ring groves on either end, so I wanted drill rod to machine and then harden after the pin is made.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3821 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote