New
Find
Notify
Tools

cantilever scope mount
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Got a new slug barrel for my shotgun. Imagine my surprise when I put a level on subject mount and foud it to be 1/4 in out of level. My solution wa to drill and tap a set screw through the mount, and make up the 1/4 in. Anyone else have a similar problem?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sending it back to the manufacture would be my first suggestion.
-Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i assume that your mount sloped down, so your screw brought it up. the design isn't the best idea ever come up with, (i know i will be told how i am wrong),but you hang a pound scope on a piece of metal strapping with a pivot point where it is mounted to the barrel it will bend pretty easy due to the lenght of the lever being subjected to recoil and being bumped around. that is not even counting the idiot who believes that you can use it as a handle. over the years i have seen them bent up, down, both sides,and several directions in between.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not going to say you're wrong, just you've probably seen more than I have.

In fact mine's the only one I've seen, a Hastings cantilever barrel on a Browning BPS for almost 20 years. Never a problem and shoots under 2", 3 shot groups @ 100 yds to this day.

Posts: 1681 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote