New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle Recall
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Sako has a recall on some of there rifle just found out today. They are recalling 3000 rifle I guess one of them came appart in 300wsn. Came to me through North American Hunting club.

I miss hunting in B.C.

Posts: 84 | Location: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I heard one Sako blew up too. I think someone here posted pictures of it.

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HenryC470:
Yeah, I heard one Sako blew up too. I think someone here posted pictures of it.
Here ya go: Sako/Tikka Catastrophic Failures. The whole think started in the Forum, BTW.

• Dean, jus' visitin' from The Gun Zone…

Posts: 16 | Location: Long Island, USA | Registered: 12 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
Dean, thanks for the link Excellent information.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
I received my monthly issue of North American Hunters Club e-letter and it has a LARGE article on the Sako recall. Hmmmm? Finally the sleeping giant wakes!

If this had been Ruger, there would have been something after the FIRST gun blew up.

Here is the info from NAHA:

Sako Rifle Recall

FINLAND—Finnish hunting rifle manufacturer Sako is recalling approximately 3,000 rifles because of a potential defect that could cause them to break apart when fired.

Sako instituted the recall after a Washington state man suffered injuries to his hand when his Sako .300 Win. Short Mag. Finnlight rifle exploded while he was shooting at a firing range. The man was rushed to a hospital with four broken bones in his hand. After the incident, Sako ordered the recall.

Rifle owners should contact Sako's Recall Center at (800) 503-8869 with their rifle's serial number to find out if their firearm is affected by this recall.

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by Flippy:
I received my monthly issue of North American Hunters Club e-letter and it has a LARGE article on the Sako recall.
I'm afraid that's neither particularly "LARGE" nor much of an "article."

Essentially it's a press release… same as was published two days ago in the middle of the outdoors column in the New York Post… with the added line about the nature of the injury, "lifted" from the Finnish news report.

But you're right, it'll get some attention.

• Dean, jus' visitin' from The Gun Zone…

Posts: 16 | Location: Long Island, USA | Registered: 12 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to RELOADING, they have been blowing up all over the world. Sako is just now admiting it.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote