Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber 84 classics
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with their Kimber 84 rifles. I bought a model 84 classic in .308, and found it had an incorrectly reamed chamber. A gunsmith has had to screw the barrel in 10 threads (1/2") to enable him to re-chamber the barrel properly. I have also heard of a few others that have been defective. Hence I will be getting my money back......

Posts: 7 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 23 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not heard of that...but Kimber has an excellent customer service department. I know shipping from New Zealand is kinda high...I guess your retailer is the one to bring this up with.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have bought four new 84M's and one 8400 in the last three years. Overall they are my favorite rifles and I still have many others in my battery including a matched quartet of pre 64 70's, some FN's and a couple of Brno 21/22's among others.

I have brought a couple of them back to Kimber to get feeding and sccuracy issues taken care of. I live only 90 minutes away.

Here is the factory target from my new 308 Montana after I complained about the groups. All the groups on that target are less than 3/4" at 100 yds and one is under 3/8" with factory ammo.

I am sorry you had problems so far away. Kimber has the best design and service for me but their QC could improve.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know this is going to sound goofy but are you sure you don't have a 30-06 instead of a .308? Look at the barrel and see what's stamped there...

I've seen people do this before...walk out with an -06 thinking they had a .308....

One of Us
Picture of raybass
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your rifle. I bought one also(84m 308) and had accuracy problems with it. Send it back they will fix it. I sent mine back after I called them they said send it in.I did and got it back in a week it was fixed. My rifle shoots a lot better now,not all ammo but all I tried before it was fixed shot a lot better after and I finally found a couple of loads it really likes now. But alas I've just purchased a loading kit so this will help a lot. Good luck my friend. Oh the target i got back looked alot like the target on Savage99's reply!

Straight shootin to ya

Posts: 531 | Location: Montgomery, Texas | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote