New
Find
Notify
Tools

458 WM to 458 Lott
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know of a gunsmith in the Chicago area that could do a good job converting a cz 550 in 458 WM to 458 Lott? Alternatively, any good smiths outside of Chicago area? What would be a "best Guess" of the cost? If I ship to a smith outside my area, do I have to ship and receive through an FFL?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Posts: 141 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
citori3--

I assume you have figured out if the magazine is long enough first?

Jim Kobe is hid out up there somewhere. He'll chime in shortly.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Her I is and I can do it for you. I have the reamer and all that is necessary. Call anytime between 9 and 5:30 or e-mail.

Thanks Jack,

Jim

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm about to buy the CZ 550 in .458 WM. I was told all of the safari magnum actions were of the .375 H&H length. I thought that was a sufficient length for the .458 Lott. Is there something I'm missing? I want a .458 Lott companion for my CZ 550 in .375 H&H.

I'm very impressed with these rifles. I think these are the best value in the market today. Ultimately I hope to add a .30-06 and .223 to my collection and have the same familiar action for any hunting I may pursue.

Posts: 141 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 458 Lott will fit through a standard 30-06 length action by lengthening it a bit. The 375 length as advertised should work well.

Jim

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Citori,

your doing what I will be doing in a few months.

And your dead right cz's are awesome.

I bought a cz 550 .416 Rigby, and then I bought a cz 550 .375 to partner that, and to partner the .375 I have ordered a 9.3x62 (6 months getting to Oz). Following that it will be a cz .458 win mag to make a lott out of for my .416 Rigby's big brother [Wink]

I also have a little cz hornet it is going to need some company as well in the future [Wink]

In all seriousness I am going to buy as many cz rifles as I cab afford, there all steel, shoot good, affordable, and I love them.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote