Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Nosler Custom Rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
The stock looks thick and clunky below the action and makes the the bolt cut way to deep.

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
fla3006

I have not read the article. You got PM

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks just like a Weatherby Vanguard to me.

Posts: 284 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Nosler still makes some fine bullets....However the image of this rifle will rub off on the bullet line in the eyes of a few.....

I know this has happened to another bullet Mfr and sadly the quality standard of the worst product a company makes is often assumed to be the standard of the entire company.

If I was Nosler's QA Manager, (and I'm Not) I'd recommend the rifle be retracted to prevent tarnishing the image of the rest of their products.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah... what�s to say? The Nosler rep said "The actions are Nosler's own. The receiver has the Leupold QR bases cast into the receiver." Gee whose else would they be? Obviously Nosler does not manufacture them, and my guess, since Nosler isn�t forward in answering is that they are made by ACCU-CHONG in Tianjin China... out of a proprietary pot metal. Now that�s my guess I will have to ride the city bus tomorrow and find out from someone there for sure.

I am so glad Nosler took the initiative to limit the use of the receiver, which no doubt will impress quite of few simple minded people they are planning on reaching out to. And the price!! I am relieved the rifle is selling for $3995 because at $4000 I would feel guilty using that stock as firewood. They sure picked an eye catching piece for a magazine article.

Bob Nosler said �If our customer is not completely satisfied with the accuracy, craftsmanship and the function of our new rifle, I will personally buy it back from him within 30 days. No questions asked as long as the rifle is not damaged. That�s a promise from one hunter to another.� Why, so he can resell it? Who is he fooling anyways? The correct translation of this is that he will refund you your money up to 30days. Big deal, he should anyways. Now if you are unhappy with the rifle... and damage it because you are unhappy with it, he wont refund your money because he wont be able to resell it and allow someone else to be unhappy with it. Quite frankly Bob should "Personally bend the barrel in vise and take it out to pasture and piss on it". That way we know where he stands on attending to his customers.

Love Noslers bullets but boy this one is a step off the bridge.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
George,

Thanks, I bumbled over there, registered and put up a couple of posts. I am curious to see what they will do with them.

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Richard at Nesika Bay the other day and, he told me that they are coming out with a light varmint rifle based on a new single shot action, Lilja barrel, Jewell trigger, in a Claro walnut stock. Target retail price somewhere between $1500 to $1800. That sounds like a deal!

Posts: 868 | Location: maryland | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Johan: ZGs are Mausers of sorts, arguably the best (see the latest issue of Magnum Magazine). By the way, what ever happened to your bolt stop?

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
Precision Cast Parts made the receivers for the defunct Kimber of Oregon 'Big Game Rifle'...........

AD