Find
Notify
Tools

Drill and tap??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
OK I have this Husky 98 in 9.3x57. It has been sitting in the safe as I try and decide what to do with it. It currently is not drilled and tapped. However my old eyes are getting so bad that the current open sights don't work for me.

So should I drill and tap and finish it so this old guy can use a scope or pass it on to a younger set of younger eyes.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you hunt with it and plan to keep it, D&T and add a nice scope. Is that an unfinshed stock?

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you hunt with it and plan to keep it, D&T and add a nice scope. Is that an unfinshed stock?

Will I hunt with it??? That I have no clue. The stock is unfinished simply inletted to fit the metal. About 1/4" of wood will need to be removed from the bottomline to bring it flush with the floor plate. The wood around the metal butt plate and grip cap is about 1/16" from being flush.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
pass it on to a younger set of younger eyes.

let me know if you want to get rid of it...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2832 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote