New
Find
Notify
Tools

David Christman-gunsmith
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I sent my CZ550 receiver to David last week to have a 3 position safety,trigger work, and other things to slick it up before chambering it for 458Lott. He was a real pleasure to visit with. Somebody told me he knows his way around stocks. We haven't talked about that yet. I will keep you posted and try to get pics on the forum. I will install a Shilen #5 CM blank. I think some of you know that I'm a BR shooter and am in the dark on a real rifle. I will need suggestions on sights, rings, and other items that come up as we go ahead with it. Thanks in advance. Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch-

I have seen quite a bit of David's work.

I think you will be very pleased with his stock work.

He also does a very good rust blue.

Bob

Posts: 120 | Location: El Dorado, Arkansas, USA | Registered: 06 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
Butch

You will be very pleased with his stock work. They say "you are your own worst critic", well he's pretty tough on his self. He pushes his self to do really exceptional work. To top it all off he’ll school you fishing too. That’s in the front of his boat or the back of yours. Razzer

Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave builds beautiful stocks, you will be pleased. Hard to find a better person than Dave.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch,
Yup, David knows his way around a rifle stock. He is a member of the American Custom Gunmakers Guild as a stockmaker (as is Mr. Chic)
I have a couple he did here for the 2007 Guild project 'A Pair of Sevens' I'll see about getting a couple pics for your viewing pleasure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys are really great and I really appreciate the positive response. As I have said, David has been a real pleasure to deal with. Jim I would like to see some pics. Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote