New
Find
Notify
Tools

SF Bay Area Gunsmiths
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen, anyone know of any reputable gunsmiths here in the San Francisco Bay Area or vicinity, for possible re-barreling/chambering and all-around smithing??

Any information would be helpful
Regards,
Craig Nolan

Best Regards,

Craig Nolan

Posts: 403 | Location: South of Alamo, Ca. | Registered: 30 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Craig there used to be and may still be a guy up in Pleasant Hill--he did a couple of minor things for me years ago--I think it's called Valley Gunsmithing--coming from the south take Pleasant Hill exit off of 680--head like you're going to Hogan's--there used to be(not sure it's there anymore) a Tool Mart in a little shopping center on the left side before you got to Hogan's--he was on the right side of the building at the end of the Tool Mart--

the other guy I know of is over here by the airport---Tabor's in San Bruno or San Mateo not sure of the exact city, but he's on El Camino Real south of the 380 crossover on the west side

then there's Imbert and Smither's --what about calling Trader's in San Leandro and asking them for some references---chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
I've used Bret Graveline, Nimrod Custom Rifles, in Diamond Springs, near Placerville. Telephone 530-622-2508. He's built near a dozen rifles for me over the last 10 years. Great prices. It's about a 2 hour drive and he has quite a few clients in the Bay Area.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
the other guy I know of is over here by the airport---Tabor's in San Bruno or San Mateo not sure of the exact city, but he's on El Camino Real south of the 380 crossover on the west side
That's Frank Tabor. Good place to go for M1 Garand and M14 pattern rifles.

Sierra Gunsmithing in Pleasant Hill just North of Treat on the west side of 680.

John Jardine in Hayward.

Craig Maraviov in Woodland.

J&G Gunsmithing in Roseville

Posts: 62 | Location: SF East Bay Area - California | Registered: 20 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, thank you for the information, very much appreciated.

Regards,
Craig Nolan

Best Regards,

Craig Nolan

Posts: 403 | Location: South of Alamo, Ca. | Registered: 30 January 2003Reply With Quote