New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta SxS Shotgun help
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I brought home a new Beretta SxS 20 guage tonight...471 Silver Hawk. Can't get the thing together.

It looks like the knucklehead at the gunshop dropped the hammers with the forearm/barrels removed before he boxed it up.

The barrels and receiver go together fine but the forearm lacks about an 1/8" and I don't want to put too much pressure on it. Pressing the button on the front of the forearm isn't the issue either.

Anything I can do to reset the hammers/ejectors

Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never mind...I fixed it. Nifty setup I've never seen on another double gun. The forearm has a small lever/switch incorporated into the ejector mechanism. There are two settings..M for manual and E for Ejectors. It takes a small allen wrench to move it between settings but once I moved it to manual the forearm snapped right on like its supposed to. Open the action once and everything is reset/recocked. Take the forearm off and move the lever back to E and the ejectors are back in business and the forearm snaps right back on. Pretty nifty that you can switch between extractors and ejectors with a flip of a switch! Too bad this feature isn't explained in the manual.

Oh yeah...and you people are worthless... pissers

one of us
posted Hide Post
shame

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And just in case you thought this was worthless without pics...

There is a little hole on the left rear of the forearm with an M and an E. You pivot a small knob inside with a thin punch or allen wrench until it lines up with the letters.

And just because I want to brag...check out the wood...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats nicer.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote