New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barrel Fit & Chamber
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am in need of some gun work, basically fit a barrel to an action and weld a new knob on the bolt.

I do not need a "fine custom" rifle maker just a reasonable gunsmith with a reasonable turn-around. Who can I contact?

Thanks

Posts: 143 | Location: Chula Vista, California, USA | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
What are Ca rules on shipping rifles in and out? Only a dealer can receive one going in, the first time. Register on the CA DOJ web site; lots of drama involved which is why many won't do it. I am not sure about rifles you already own.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is bad here in Commifornia, BUT not that bad. We can send and receive our rifles with out going through an FFL.

Anyone?

Posts: 143 | Location: Chula Vista, California, USA | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I would be pretty close to correct by saying that most of the riflesmiths that post here want complete jobs - lock, stock, and barrel.

Why not look for somebody local. Easier to see an example of their work before proceeding.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
What are Ca rules on shipping rifles in and out? Only a dealer can receive one going in, the first time. Register on the CA DOJ web site; lots of drama involved which is why many won't do it. I am not sure about rifles you already own.

Shipping a rifle to a gunsmith from Cali is the same as in just about any other state. Ship or mail it to the gunsmith and he sends it directly back to you.

All the BS laws apply to transfers/sales coming into the state.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12600 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I sent the OP a PM.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I can highly recommend DPCD.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)