THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I don't know quite where else to post this.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The other day I was out walking the dogs in the desert close to where I live. There is a small range where a few of the locals have set up some gongs to shoot at. As I came up on the range I saw a few small pieces of metal laying around and picked up a few. They looked a lot like possibly pieces of some sort of gun. It got me to looking around some more and I found something weird! There we two shells laying on the ground that we fused together. One shell looked like it had been shoved up into the other shell through the primer. I think the shells are 7.62X39s. The only thing I can think of is that someone fed a live round up into the chamber the inserted a mag and let the bolt go forward then when the round from the mag struck the primer it set that round off. Is this possible.
I have no way of posting pictures but would be glad to send the rounds to anyone who would promise to post them here on AR. Would anyone be willing to do that?

Posts: 1361 | Location: congress, az us | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I incrementally overload guns to see what will happen.
SKS rifles, that shoot 7.62x39mm ammo, compared to most other guns, they are not strong.

If they can't take an incremental overload, they would be terrible at the stuck bullet test.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote