New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cz 550 C- Clip fix pics.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those interested (and whom asked) below are pics of the fix my smith made to the c-clip issue on two of my cz's a .416 Rigby and a 9.3x62. He feels it is a fool proof method, nut can't work forward and neither can the c clip.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
These pictures are better sized for the internet.

Regards,

Terry

P.S.

PC, please resize or delete your pictures as those on dial up will have a long wait for your pictures to load.

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry,

I am still not sure how to re-size pics.......just thought cz owners might be interested in seeing the fix.

No vice meant,

regards PC.

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
See if this helps, How to Post Pictures

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
PC, from the picture I guess I am looking at the spring retention on the firing pin? Is this correct? What did the gunsmith do? Thread the firing pin and put on a stop nut?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
PC,

Put me down as slightly confused too as I can't see any difference to a standard bolt that I have infront of me right now???

Has he cut a courser/deeper thread on the firing pin and then made a new "nut" to fit it maybe?

Regards

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My own idea is that if the clip and the nut were removed, it would be possible to degrease the whole thing and then put it back together with a touch of super glue locking the clip and nut in place...one it had set the whole thing could be re oiled... My only worry is that you would probably daamage the C clip getting it off and its not the sort of item you can put your hands on easily..Maybe order one from CZ first?

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[The picture does not do it justice he has some how managed to receess the c - clip into the nut and the lip of the nut is actually over the top of the c clip........meaning it has the lip of the nut to stop it working forward. Previously it was sitting pretty right infront of the nut in a very shallow groove.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
So, did he countersink the nut just enough to let the c-clip sit inside the countersinked nut? Is there any other modification?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
PC,

Thanks for that...thats a very neat solution by your gunsmith!

Regards,

Pete