Find
Notify
Tools

Any way to lighten the accutrigger?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted
I'm going to use a Savage for silhouette once it gets a new barrel and stock. Is there any way to lighten to stock accutrigger below the minimum 2.5 lbs?

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might contact Savage about the target/precision acu-trigger. My model 12LRPV was 1/2 pound out of the box.

Posts: 664 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Savage will not sell you the target weight springs they use in the target action. I had some made at Southern Spring and Stamping, Reidsville, NC. You need both springs replaced the saftey sear and the pull spring have to be lightened up with lighter wire.
Rustystud

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
What did the springs bring your trigger down to, and how much did they cost? How easy were they to get in the right place?

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Longshot, Do you have an address and phone number for Southern Spring and Stamping. I need to have some springs made for a Model 70 trigger. I have all the specs except someone to make them. Thanks,
Hoot

Posts: 791 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Southern Springs And Stamping of North Carolina, 2089 US HWY 220, Stokesdale, NC 27357, 336-548-3520. Ask for Jeff Arntz.

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Longshot. Will try to get ahold of them tomorrow or Monday. Again, my thanks, Hoot

Posts: 791 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
How do I get them to make me different springs? I don't have any experience with this kind of stuff.